T H A N K F U L


Thanksgiving 2016


I love Thanksgiving because of all the good food. I look forward to the annual feast all year long. I love everything about the holiday. In the morning my sister and I always help my mom cook while the boys surf. They come home and say how good everything is smelling and everyone is genuinely nice and excited to feast. It is an all around happy day.

The best part always comes later on around the dinner table. We take turns going around the table and saying what we're grateful for. It is a good time to reflect and really count my blessings. This happy holiday always comes before finals when I am stressed with school and want to give up every day. I usually feel badly for myself and forget about how blessed I really am.

Thanksgiving whips me back into shape and reminds me how much I have to be grateful for. In the attitude of thanksgiving, here are some of the things at the top of my list this year:

•Chase
•An education 
•Health
•All of my perfect nephews
•Family
•Pizza
•Hasn't snowed much
•Almost Christmas
•The gospel
•Missionaries- especially Austin!
•Cars
•A nice apartment 

I could go on. But even though I just failed a test and have more homework than I could possibly get done, I feel blessed and thankful for all that I have. 

Comments

Popular Posts